We’ve been having s fantastic time at the design workshops for Thurrock 100 and next week we begin the painting – and we need anyone from Thurrock to come and help!
We hope that the images created by local schoolchildren will inspire you to come and help us paint the ten 4m high silk flags that will be carried along the walks of Thurrock 100.
You don’t need to have previous experience of batik and you don’t need to be a professional artist, but if you enjoy creative activities we’d love you to get involved. We’ll provide the training and all materials.
The painting workshops will all take place at Kinetika’s Studios at High House Production Park, 12pm – 8pm. Individual flags will be painted as follows, but we welcome any participant on any date:
- Monday 15 June (Ockendon flag)
- Tuesday 16 June (Horndon, Bulphan, Orsett)
- Thursday 18 June (SS17)
- Friday 19 June (Chafford Hundred)
- Saturday 20 June (East Tilbury)
- Sunday 21 June (Little Thurrock & Stifford)
- Monday 22 June (Tilbury & Chadwell St Mary)
- Tuesday 23 June (Aveley)
- Wednesday 24 June (Grays)
- Thursday 25 June (Purfleet)
If you’d like to take part in any of the workshops please email email@example.com